Thursday, August 19, 2010

French fries, apples and Dragon Hollow

Today Lillian and I were going to go up with some friends to Garnet Ghost town for a walk/hike, but I woke up feeling a bit on the crummy side (being a woman has its downsides... once a month is hell, not for those around me, but for me. Stomach problems, sickness, icky.) So I opted to stay home and when I was feeling a little better, Adam's sister Amber, came over and spent some time with us, then we went downtown to Dragon Hollow. I've always thought it looked like fun, and boy is that an understatement. I wish there was a playground like THAT when I was young. Man. I would've had the best time there! With my over-active imagination... and even when I was little bit older too. In Denver when I would hang out with some of the kids from church, we'd go and play on playgrounds like hooligans. Fun times.



Lillian really enjoyed Dragon Hollow... she had so much fun going down the slides! Maybe one day after her dad gets off work, when its cooler weather we'll all have to go and play. It was SO hot today and I forgot sunscreen :( I hope I didn't let her get too much sun! I know I got a little burned, but not badly.

I haven't really kept up with posting on my personal blog, my design one takes up most of my writing-energy. But things are going well. Trying to keep busy with sewing projects to bring extra $$ to the household since I haven't been able to find a job. I got an email from job services about an assistant manager position at the mall. I may put in an application/resume just cause, but I doubt I'll get that one either. Bleh. They say they don't discriminate, but oh boy, do they.


She walks, she talks, she's a little fashionista. Lillian is growing up! Every day she adds new words to her vocab. She can clearly say "Bye", and when she wakes up from naps and in the morning, she'll pop right up and say "hi!" to me. She has her favorite foods, mostly fruit and cucumbers. She loves Mac n Cheese and spaghetti-o's, and of course, hot dogs and chicken nuggets. She loves Chinese and Pizza too. I think she's starting to self-wean, she's been nursing less and less, and barely, if even, before naps and bedtime. They only times she seems she really wants to nurse, is when she wakes up between 5 and 7am. I usually get her to go back down for a little bit by nursing. But maybe she'll be 100% weaned by September. My goal was 12 months, but 18 months is good too.

Tomorrow I'll be 25 and Adam will be 30. Crazy! I don't feel like we're that old. Right now we have no real plans for anything to do. That's okay though. We're rather boring lately, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment