Saturday, May 1, 2010

"next phase, next craze, next nothing new"

So I'm sick. Again. This is what, the third time in the last month and a half? What's up with that? Is the universe trying to tell me something? The last three me-day's I've had, I've wanted to clean house and get work done on corsets, and the last three me-day's I've had, I've ended up on the couch like a vegetable trying to feel better. I did manage to get some hand-sewing work done today. But not much.

I dropped an application off at JoAnn's on wednesday. Adam's parent's would be able to watch Miss Lillian for a little bit until he got off work so I could work evenings. I kinda hope I get this job. My UI benefits will be running out here on May 12th. I will apply for the third tier of UI beni's, but theres no idea of knowing if I'd actually get it. Not with all the changes in government these days. One day its all gravy, the next, congress doesn't know about emergency UI. Make up your minds!

I believe my chances are good however. I worked at a JoAnn's in Denver and I really loved it there. Plus, 13+ years of active sewing experience and fabric knowledge. Fingers crossed!

I'm slightly irritated. My replacement die's haven't arrived for my grommet setter. And so far no one in town sells Home Pro tools. I checked out one of the local scrapbooking specialty stores and they hadn't even heard of it! So far it looks like I'm going to have to order everything for it online. And 2pc grommets are wicked expensive! I'm thinking of saving up $60 and buying a bag of 1000 2pc grommets on eBay. I'd have enough for awhile!

On Wednesday we had Lillian's 1 year well child check! She looks great :) 30" long,  20lbs 8oz weight. She crawls all over the place! She hasn't tried walking yet, but free-stands all the time. Her birthday was alot of fun. She got's lots of swag from friends and family and really loved the kids that came to her party.

With her gift cards we went to Target and found her a few toys, and a "cube"/table for her to store toys in the living room. And she can put her other toys up on it to play. We were aiming for an activity table, but we spotted a few other things she was more interested in, and found this bright pink cube for $5 on clearance!! And since I had a little bit extra, we also found BOOKSHELVES that were originally $30+ for $5 and $8!!! So we spent a bit on us so we could nab those up. I wanted a tall bookshelf in the bedroom to store my books and our "R" rated movies so Lily doesn't get into those.

No comments:

Post a Comment