Thursday, June 3, 2010

"control your poison babe, roses have thorns they say"

So I have this theory about adulthood: it should be a requirement when you turn 21, to leave all the high-school drama hijinks's and behavior at the door. Snide remarks about those you "dislike", taking "sides" when friends have spats and holding onto old grudges should be checked at the door, never to be picked up again. Just throw away that ticket, or even better still: burn it. Then you should be handed a letter that says: Welcome to Adulthood! Where you get to put up with all the BS that you would've complained about just a year prior, but this time: you have to have a smile and let it roll off your back. Trust me, the less drama there is in life, the better it will be.

Maybe it's just me, maybe its because I feel like I've grown up so much, but holding onto such ways, and acting that way just seems so junior high to me. And writing about it could also be considered as such, but hey! I wanna write, and its my blog, so I'll do as I damn well please! :P and I'll use little "smileys" to show how I feel too. So. Nyah. (and that's my maturity level right there. I'm so grown up).

I've grown up alot in the last few years, trying to pin down bills, get into the habit of keeping money in the bank, having a beautiful baby girl, the light of Adam and I's life. A part of me misses working, but I love being able to be at home with her. And me not having a job isn't because I'm not looking: I've looked. Once employer's find out you have a young child, they pretty much just throw your application out. Even though that's discrimination, they still do it, and yet not a huge stink is raised about this issue, when it damn well should be. Equal opportunity employer's my ass.

On a happier note, Lillian is officially a walker! She doesn't really crawl to what she wants anymore (unless she's really tired.) It's awesome, but also a little bit sad. She's growing up so fast! Before we know it, she'll be on her cell phone, texting and ignoring us. Le sigh. We'll enjoy it while we can. Although, she's already not listening to us when we tell her no. Not good. She's so independant already. My little Lily-Bug... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment