Thursday, March 25, 2010

"She'll knock you out with her undead eyes; Your psychobilly Bride of Frankenstein"

The last couple of days I've been a busy busy bee! I've got four corsets near completion for next friday (one of which is mine, but hey, its still four!) and I've got two more to finish. I'm really excited about potentially selling some stuff... and Adam's going to make another skeleton hand/heart necklace that will be for sale as well.

Lillian has been sick the last few days... which has been hard. I feel so bad for the little booger =( she was running a fever of 101.3 yesterday, but it dropped, thankfully! Today was she was just so tired and cranky. She had happy moments, but for the most part she would start crying if I even turned around!

My friend Meg and I have been going on "power" walks. She's helping me in the whole "losing weight" catagory. I just need to get some good walking shoes. Vans really aren't good for exercise. Not a soft enough sole! So maybe if I sell a few things I'll invest in a good pair. Maybe those fancy onces that are supposed to encourage toning and all that... Hmm.

I've found a corset that I want to make. It's a historcal corset, probably 16th or 17th century style. I'm going to make it out of faux leather and embelish it with rivets. Maybe a buckle or two. If I keep it, it will be my new pirate corset, but if I sell it, it won't be less than $300, and it will be a one of a kind. But we'll see. I found it on a google search just looking for 18th century corsets and this popped up. It's not really 18th century, but damn, its a good lookin' piece. I fell in love with it. I could just picture it in "leather" with silver rivets. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment