Monday, March 22, 2010

"Words, playing me deja vu, like a radio tune I swear I've heard before"

Last night Duran Duran's "Come Undone" came on the radio and Lily started singing and dancing along to it and it just reminded me of the awesome music that was played at The Shelter in Denver. I really miss dancing to good music! Going dancing here at the Dark Dreams event's is almost depressing. They play nothing that carrys a real beat that you can get lost in. That's what dancing and going out is for me: getting lost in the music and the moment, letting the world fall away so you can just release and let everything go. I should post up a playlist of a "Night at the Shelter". That should be an event here in Missoula. I'd DJ it, haha.

Today I was productive... I made both lunch and dinner for Adam and Lily, folded laundry, cleaned out my car (it desperately needed it!) and I cut out two corsets tonight. I have an aim to get them finished by next friday. Will I be able to swing it? Who knows! We'll see. I've got enough steel to do it. It's just finding the time to run the sewing machine really.

I'm so pleased, and I'm probably jinxing it as I say this, but Lily went to bed at 8:30pm, its now 10:30pm. She hasn't woken up! She slept in her crib from 5am til 10am this morning when we woke up. Hopefully we're past the stage of her not wanting to sleep in her crib! Fingers crossed!

Starting tomorrow, at 9am on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, I'll be getting up to go power-walk with my friend Meg. I'm getting really serious about losing weight. This isn't just for my self esteem, but for my health and for my daughters self-image. I don't want her to grow up seeing her own mother hate her body and constantly have breakdowns about weight. I want to be happy and healthy. Today I was happy because when I stepped on the scale, it was a smaller number than I expected. We'll see how it works out. In a few weeks I'm going to not just keep track of weight, but of my measurements too. Measure once a week and keep it down in a notebook. I ate a lot less today at meals, and had small snacks inbetween meals. I just need to up my water in take. Probably my fluid in take in general. I'm really bad about fluids.

So, the two corsets I cut out today are in the "Bella" style that I recently came up with the design for. Both are one-of-a-kinds. One will be black satin with black mesh with red rose overlay, and the other is an ice blue with a pretty white mesh overlay with flower detail. Both will be for sale!!

...My daughter is so tired she just woke up, then plopped right back down in her crib. Tomorrow we're getting up at 7am to take her daddy to work so we can have the car! Tomorrow will be an interesting day with her, maybe she'll go down at 8pm...? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment